Tankless Water Principle
The principle behind tankless water heaters is simple:
*This diagram illustrates tankless water heater design concepts only and does not accurately represent the water heater’s physical description.
- A hot water tap is turned on.
- Water enters the heater.
- The water flow sensor detects the water flow.
- The computer initiates the fan motor and sends a signal to the igniter to create an ignition spark.
- The gas ignites and flames appear within the burner chamber.
- Water circulates through the heat exchanger and then gets hot.
- Using thermistors to measure temperatures throughout the water heater, the computer modulates the gas and water valves to ensure proper output water temperature.
- When the tap is turned off, the unit shuts down.
Click here to go through our selection of Tankless Water Heaters.